Ending The Summer With Pool Cleaning And Maintenance Tips
Summer time is a great time to use your swimming pool not only to provide you with the cooling comfort against the searing heat of the sun but also as a great instrument to enjoy the company of family and friends.
Once summer is over, however, you should get your pool ready for autumn and winter. As such, it is crucial to perform a very thorough pool cleaning and pool maintenance just before summer ends.
Here are some tips that you can consider when cleaning and maintaining your pool at the end of summer:
1. Always make sure to use the correct safety equipment if you are going to clean the swimming pool, especially if you are going to use chemicals. Make sure to wear gloves and goggles as the fumes of these chemicals can irritate your mucous membranes. Additionally, you may want to use a respirator mask to help protect you from harsh chemical fumes.
2. Balance the water in your swimming pool. You need to adjust the water for the right pH, calcium hardness, and total alkalinity. This should help prevent the buildup of scales as well as help prevent corrosion of the metal parts of your swimming pool. The upkeep of your swimming pool these coming months is very important.
3. Make sure to shock the water with the appropriate strength of chlorine or some other chemical that can help kill microorganisms like bacteria and fungi. Once you have shock treated your swimming pool, leave it as is and don’t let anyone else use it for several days. Just remember that shocking your pool is essentially putting extra-strong chemicals which can irritate the skin.
4. Clean your pool. Make sure to remove any floating debris that is skimming on the surface of the water. Brush and vacuum the bottom and sides of your swimming pool. It is important to keep the vacuum submerged in water at all times to help remove the brushed particles from the swimming pool surfaces and drained directly outside your pool. Backwash the filter several times.
5. If you are going to close your swimming pool for the remainder of the year, lower the level of the swimming pool water to a level that is appropriate to the type of swimming pool cover that you will be using.
6. If you are still going to use it until winter comes, then just continue cleaning the pool including the different components like the pumps, heaters, filters, and chlorinators.
Original Article Can Be Found Here.